There are still a few more weeks left of summer, but I can tell that autumn is coming. I love autumn, with the leaves changing colors, and the feel of change in the air... But I am going to really miss summer. Something I am going to miss about this summer is taking walks with Mom, my siblings, and Grandma (almost) every week. One of our favorite parks to go for our walk is Fort Steilacoom Park in Lakewood, WA, which is a very pretty park. We like to walk through some fields of grass, go through the Gary Oak forest, walk under the cottonwood and poplar trees near the lake, then go by the lake and watch the ducks that swim there.
The paint on this barn is not, in any way, purple-y. If the photo suggests other wise, it's because of the way I edited it.
After that we might go and see the Hill Ward Memorial and walk through the labyrinth they made there, and/or go and see the barns and look for the cliff swallows (read more about them at my moms blog).
While we're walking, we like to pick some of the long pieces of grass and tickle each other with one of them. This is especially fun if you're able to sneak up behind someone and make them think that there's a bug in their hair or something. We all (especially Grandma) have a lot of fun with this. :)
We often go on these walks later in the day. We like to see the sun set, and by the time we get home, it's usually almost dark outside. I do love autumn -- and winter -- but one thing I don't like about it is how it starts getting darker outside earlier then I'd like.
What are you going to miss about summer? What are some things you're looking forward to in the upcoming months? :)
We often go on these walks later in the day. We like to see the sun set, and by the time we get home, it's usually almost dark outside. I do love autumn -- and winter -- but one thing I don't like about it is how it starts getting darker outside earlier then I'd like.
What are you going to miss about summer? What are some things you're looking forward to in the upcoming months? :)


Beautiful shot of the barn and the duck too! I always hate to see summer come to an end too. The leaves are starting to turn here in Alaska and before we know it winter will be here.
ReplyDeleteThese are such lovely photos! I too love walking and watching all the beauty and changes in Nature!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, nostalgic shots. Love them. I love spring, summer, and fall. Winter I dread.
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos!! Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteWatery Wednesday
Hi, Windchime, thanks for coming by my place! I like your photos--the duck is so clear and has a good reflection, the barn is...well, I just like barns! and you caught its essence. And the grasses are lovely--lacy and delicate looking. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWatery Wednesday at my page, please come and see. Have a wonderful day!
Great barn shot!
ReplyDeleteNoteworthyMusings